Love Fish but are not sure how to prepare it properly?
In this 2.5 hr session, you will learn:
How to fillet a round fish – scale it, pin bone and prepare it to be pan ready
Prepare and cook a flat fish for pan roasting
We will discuss:
How to look for fresh fish and where to buy it from
Cover the topic of farmed vs wild caught fish and how different fishing practices affect the quality of the fish you buy.
Ben will also share some other hints and tips that he has learnt whilst travelling the world on superyachts – from buying from the most expensive super yacht provisioning companies to shopping in local markets or from local fishermen.
As a keen fishermen himself, Ben will also talk through his various fishing adventures he had in Alaska, Mexico, Costa Rica and stories from Japanese squid boats to the Radioactive salmon from the questionable east coast of Russia.
We will cook:
Your prepared Flat fish, with some delicious local organic seasonal vegetables for you to eat after the fish filleting is complete.
Price: £330 for three (£110 per person based on class of two or three)
ESSENTIALS with Ben Cooke | FISH | FOR THREE
- The Cabin is located near Cowes on the Isle of Wight. Full details will be provided on booking.
- If you are buying this as a gift and would prefer for the recipient to not know the price (shown when buying our online vouchers), please send the voucher to yourself and we would be very happy to provide a personalised voucher (without prices) for you to send out to the recipient.
- Once we have received your booking, we will contact you to arrange a suitable time & date for the course.
- Our cookery classes are non-refundable. When you register for a class, you agree to these terms.
- In the event of you or one of your party being unable to attend - someone else is welcome to attend the class on your behalf or providing you contact us 7 days prior, the date of the class can be changed.
- If the class needs to be postponed by us due to unforeseen circumstances, we will offer you the opportunity to transfer you onto another suitable date or you can receive a full refund.
- On the event of a last minute cancellation and produce has already been bought/prepared for the class - you will be required to cover the cost of the produce.